We are a young couple remodeling our first house...one outdated / ugly thing at a time. This blog documents our remodel projects and ideas.
RSS

6.12.2011

More Fab Freebie Finds

Yes, another truckload of freebies! I am having some great luck lately. Here is how this freebie find happened:

After driving past an old, condemned house for months, my mom and I finally decided to stop and peek in the windows. (The house was built in the 1800's.) However, not much could be seen because of overgrown bushes and dirty windows. But being the brave crazy girl that I am, I open the front door and both mom and I go inside. And holy smokes y'all! This house might be in sad shape, but it has some great features inside. It also has some items inside that I wouldn't mind having for myself. Did I get pictures of the inside of this house? Nope, I was too busy being sneaky. But here is the outside:

So after we quickly ran out of the house (there were fleas in there!!!), we headed over to talk to the owner of the house. He is an older business man in the community and was dead set on us not having anything out of the house....until mom worked some magic. She talked him into us getting whatever we wanted out of the house. Go mom! 

What did we get? A chrome dining table and a bunch of windows. And with a little elbow grease, these freebies will be extra pretty:




I plan to make a memo board out of the broken transom window. As for the other windows, I have no clue what I am going to do with them yet. Any cute ideas for old windows?

3 comments:

Christine said...

Cool!!! I would so display photos in those windows and hang them on the wall....... or, I'll bet that you could group some together for a headboard.....

Joie said...

That is awesome! Hmmm...I come to YOU for ideas...so got nothing for you! LOL but I know ou will do something great! and I can't wait to see what it is!

lcrenovation said...

It is really awesome article which is besed on informative thoughts and ideas!
https://www.lcrenovation.co.uk/house-extension-in-chiswick/
House Renovations in Stockwell

Post a Comment