We are a young couple remodeling our first house...one outdated / ugly thing at a time. This blog documents our remodel projects and ideas.
RSS

3.30.2011

Guest Room Curtains - Revisited

I really love the tree branch curtain rod I fixed up for the guest bedroom. And the curtains look good too with the new ribbon ties. However, I still thought something was missing. Duh, of course. I didn't make any curtain tie-backs. Well, I have an easy fix for this problem - one of the old tab tops and some remnant tassel trim.

Remember when I trimmed off the old tab tops and replaced them with ribbon?

I used two of the tab tops, one for each tie-back. Then I cut a piece of the remnant tassel trim and added it to one end of the tab. Finally, add a little velcro to each end. Instant tie-back.

So easy. And that got me thinking. I had enough of the remnant tassel left to trim out the top of the curtain. So I did - with my trusted steam-a-seam since my sewing machine is at my mom's house.

Well, what do you think? Do you like the tassel trim? Or is it too much? I think it is really cute, but leaning towards too much since the ribbon has a little polka dot pattern. I need help people. With or without?



2 comments:

Laura said...

I vote remove.

Anonymous said...

No matter if some one searches for his required thing,
thus he/she desires to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.



Feel free to visit my blog ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qozd6jyuVw

Post a Comment