We are a young couple remodeling our first house...one outdated / ugly thing at a time. This blog documents our remodel projects and ideas.
RSS

11.23.2010

FALLing Behind


I will not cheat on Thanksgiving with Christmas... Although as much as I am ready to get my Christmas decorations up, I must wait until the day after Thanksgiving. It's an unwritten rule in my family. And since this is Thanksgiving week, and I am falling behind because I have yet to show my fall decor, I thought it was about overdue time to post some pictures.

My dining room table is on the small side - pictured above. However, this does not mean it doesn't deserve some decorating love. A simple runner, driftwood, a vase with sticks and a bowl of mixed nuts = instant fall table. 

 Next up, the entryway table. I added some faux pumpkins, a crow, some thrift store books, and free zinnias - found in my backyard. (A post about the asymmetrical wall art hanging above the table is in the works, promise.)

Finally, the mantle. Being a Southern girl from Arkansas, I have a little country/folk in my blood. So, of course, I had to include scarecrows into my fall decorations. And burlap.
That's it, nothing much. Glad I finally got these posted before Thanksgiving. It is almost time to take it all down and decorate for Christmas...and I'm wringing my hands in anticipation.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm spending mine with the family.

2 comments:

healthybeth said...

I'm SO glad that I'm not the only one who absolutely LOVES Christmas, yet isn't crazy about skipping Thanksgiving. It makes me sad!
Love this... as ALWAYS! AND love YOU!

healthybeth said...

ps- too bad you hadn't started this before all your Halloween was taken down!

Post a Comment