- Garage - it is an unorganized death trap for anything not welcome in the house. My car and the motorcycle are parked in there, but so is a lot of other stuff. It has become so bad that there is a path to the door. The garage needs to be emptied and whipped into shape.
- Curb Appeal - we have hardly touched the outside of the house. The flower beds are full of weeds and monkey grass, both of which need to go. I also think a new paint color for the shutters and front door would look better than hunter green. And a slew of other improvements need to be made.
- Laundry Room - more of a hallway than a room. The laundry room is a tight space and I need to improve the functionality of it.
- Master Suite - the most relaxing room in the house is actually the catch-all. Our master has a nice sitting area that is not used for sitting, it is a make-shift laundry folding/sorting area. Not anymore, I plan to make the master a relaxing, stress-free zone.
- Guest Bath - a total overhaul. The plan is a new floor, new vanity and sink, and new light fixtures - all on a cheap budget.
- Guest Bedroom - this room is far from guest welcoming. But with a little thrifty DIY-love, it will be a 5 star guest bedroom in no time.
- Back Yard - just like the front yard, this space has hardly been touched. The back patio is a cracked concrete slab with minimal landscaping. With a little work, it could easliy become a cute gathering place.
Yes, you read that right...my honey-do list. I thought that if I posted my DIY remodel list on the blog for everyone to see, I would be more likely to actually follow through and do them. So, without further ado, here are the things I want to finish in 2011: