We are a young couple remodeling our first house...one outdated / ugly thing at a time. This blog documents our remodel projects and ideas.
RSS

7.25.2011

You Asked, I'm Answering

Hey y'all! I received a lot of sweet emails with some great questions and I'm here to spill all of the juicy details. Well, not juicy. Just matter-of-fact answers. So, let's get this show on the road.

What is your can't live without tool?
Hmmm...that is difficult. I use my drill the most, so I guess that is the answer.

What is your beauty routine? Or something similar - favorite makeup, go-to products , etc.
Ha! No beauty routines here. The only thing I do that is not really common (but it isn't a secret) is that I wash my hair with conditioner, no shampoo. Google will enlighten you about conditioner-only washes. And products I love - C.O. Bigelow lip gloss, Cover FX makeup, and coconut oil for my hair. That's it, but the list is subject to change at anytime.

Your husband, what does he think about the remodel?
Well, he is just along for the ride.  He never knows what he will come home to - a remodeled bathroom, a new piece of furniture, a torn-up floor, new paint, etc. He says he doesn't care, but I secretly think he loves it.

Why remodeling? Your house is great!
True, it is a great house. Call me crazy, but remodeling is fun to me...hence, remodeling the house. I would work on any house, even a brand new one.

Is your house a forever-house?
No, not even close. It is our first house. And we are both ready to move closer to his work. Hopefully we will be selling and buying next year.

Favorite project?
I have never been asked this. I think it is the living room since that is where we spend most of our time. Replacing the carpet with hardwood, tearing out the built ins, and revamping the fireplace made huge improvements.

How long have you and the hubby been together?
6 years dating + almost 6 year married = 12 years. We were high school sweethearts and I guess he never got tired of my crazy antics because he is still around.

Do you make inspiration boards?
Not for myself, but I love to make them for other people. I have a general idea of what I want the finished room to look like, but usually I just wing it and see what happens. So far I haven't redone anything. Are you in need of one? I can whip you up something!

Have you ever had to hire someone to do a project?
Hmmm...does having the counter tops installed count? The installation was free with the purchase! Or does having family help count? Those are the only two things that I can think of. We have never paid someone for their work...unless you count food for the family.

Where is that floor plan you promised?
It's in the works... Who am I kidding? I haven't started on it. But it is on the list of things-to-do. So one day I'll get around to it.

If I count correctly, that is 10 questions and 10 answers. There were a few other questions that came in, but I just replied and answered them - things like paint colors, where I got something, etc. Maybe this helped answer some of your burning questions. If not, feel free to ask away. I love to talk!

0 comments:

Post a Comment